Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

City Of Utrecht


This week we travelled by train to the nearby city of Utrecht which is the 4th largest city in The Netherlands.

On and around the current Cathedral square is the place where the Romans around 50 a.d. have laid the basis for the city of Utrecht.

We took a canal tour and also walked and walked some more exploring the wonderful quaint shops and streets. I hope you enjoy a small glimpse into our travels. 














The cafe above we stopped in for a cold beverage and the photo below is where we had our lunch. 


What a view while I dined... my Sweetie and the canal...

















What a wonderful experience we are having in Holland! Thank you for stopping in today!

Hugs,

Wanda

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda! So glad you are enjoying your stay! I just took a look at Zlot Geist (did I get that right?) I am always just awestruck in places like that. And I love sitting in cafe's in a walking town! Your photos are wonderful. What a lovely change of scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! How wonderful to be able see these cities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did see a lot in one day! And such a keen eye for all the details to be seen in this mediƫval town.

    ReplyDelete