Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Some of My Vintage Lace Pieces...


Thank you for stopping in today for a glimpse of my vintage lace stash & some other little pieces in my collection... 







These old laces where once on vintage pillow cases and some day I plan to add them to some of the linen cases we have in my linen collection. 







Every once in awhile I take the pieces out and enjoy the texture and work that has gone into them... 













Below is a velvet and lace bow that my Great Grandmother Agnes used to wear as a child, I feel so blessed to have it.







I have also been making more lavender sachets for friends and family so I thought you might enjoy seeing them today.








I used some of the smaller lace and fabrics I had on hand, I usually add two teaspoons of lavender to each one so they smell lovely. 


Have a wonderful week & thank you again for stopping in...

Hugs,
Wanda

11 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces of crochet. I love it too and use it on pillows, purses, etc. I don't know how to crochet but love love the vintage pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda, I too love your vintagecrochet trims and are perfect on the heart sachets! Have a great rest of your week!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you have your Great Grandmothers bow. Your lace collection is beautiful, I just think of who did them, and can see their little fingers working at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! What a lost art.... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and I are so similar dear Wanda! I love to take the laces out and just enjoy the beautiful workmanship that went into each piece. I love your G-grandmother's childhood bow. How special that it was preserved over all these years!
    I love your sachets too...they are beautiful! Another thing we both love to do :))))
    I hope you have been enjoying your Autumn days dear friend. Sending you wishes for a safe trip to AZ. later this fall!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. We never have too much lace !
    Xoxo from PARIS
    💖 * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ 💕•
    •。💕 。*💕 。💖
    ° 。 °˛ * _Π_*。*˚💕
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */____/'\。˚ ˚ ˛💖
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚💕
    ................. ✿💖✿..............💖 💖 * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look gorgeous, Wanda, and so much fun to make.Lovely material and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Wanda,
    You have such a pretty lot of laces, and amazing to think of all the time and work that goes into some of the handmade lace. The bow and your lavender hearts are gorgeous and must smell so beautiful.
    Happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you probably know how much I love the look of laces! You have some wonderful examples. I hope you are enjoying your move! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you must know be enough by now to know that I am swooning over your laces and sachets Wanda dear I love these beauties! I am happy to know you made it safely to your AZ home and wish a wonderful, wonderful winter there my dear friend!
    sending love your way...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for stopping by my blog dear Wanda, and Happy Holidays to you and your family, too.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete