Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Monday, July 15, 2013

Tea Time...



Welcome again to my little Blog...
I am having some Earl Grey tea today... won't you join me?



Last week I had ordered some Annie Sloan chalk paint in "Duck Egg" and this is the first piece I have painted. The wood and wicker tray is a piece I made when I attended basket weaving courses some years ago.












I love the way the crisp vintage linen looks on my tray. My next painting project will be a vintage dresser that belonged to my Mother In Law. We currently use it to store linens in our Dining area. It is going to look fabulous in Duck Egg!








Thank you for stopping in to tea with me, sorry I had no sweets to serve but I am trying hard to shed some extra pounds. Have a wonderful week!

I am joining Sandi @ Rose Chintz Cottage so go check it out!http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca





9 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda,

    Thanks for the invite for tea, that would be great.
    I love your duck egg blue tray, that has come up so beautifully. I still have some baskets that I made years ago at night school.

    happy new week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda,

    I just love Annie Sloan's chalk paint and your wicker basket painted in duck egg blue is gorgeous! It is such a lovely shade. Your bird photo frame is very pretty too. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wanda,
    What a beautiful basket and I love the colour! Your bird inspired tea is just lovely! I enjoy anything with birdies on it. Thank you for sharing with us and joining me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Wanda
    I like the framed bird photo and the duck egg blue colour of the tray. I'm sure the dresser is going to look fabulous.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes thank you, I will join you for tea! :)
    ASCP is the best thing since sliced bread! Looking forward to your before and after of the dining room dresser. The tray is looking great in that colour.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! Now, tell me more about this chalk paint. Is this different than the kind you can write on like a blackboard? :) I am so behind in the interior design times...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jillian
      Annie Sloan Chalk paint is a fabulous product! You don't have to sand or strip the piece before painting it and it covers most anything in 1 to 2 coats. It is not like the chalkboard paint that can be written on. The name refers more to the texture... I will share my vintage dresser that we use as a linen storage next week. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for having us to tea. You did a fine job on the tray,
    it looks pretty in duck egg blue!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tray is wonderful.. very pretty blue.. I'm trying to shed some pounds as well...lovely tea thank you ...Happy Saturday with love Janice

    ReplyDelete