Victorian1885

Victorian1885

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

JOIN US FOR DINNER?







Won't you join us for dinner tonight? I have a blank rose placecard just waiting to add your name too ...



I have the table set with a mix of my favorite china...red transferware. Some of the pieces are old but the dinner/bread plates are newer. I use these everyday as they can go into our dishwasher. The silverplate cutlery is a set my Mother had and we children did not even know she had it until I mentioned I was wanting to purchase a set. She then brought out what she had and told me my Father had bought it for her early in their marriage but she had never used it. My Mother did not like china.. crystol glassware etc as she was not a Girly Girl so I am not sure who I took after as I love everything lacey and Girly!



My Mother gave us the silverplate for our Wedding Anniversary the same year and I treasure it!



Note the little silver dog knife rest..I love these but only have two so far..



We will be dining at 7:00 so please let me know if you can join us!






Blessing...






Wanda

8 comments:

  1. HELLO,
    YOUR TABLE SETTING IS BEAUTIFUL, LOVE YOUR TRANSFERWARE, EVERYTHING IS STUNNING :) AND ILL BE OVER SOON TO JOIN YOU FOR DINNER.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :) What a lovely table you have set. Anyone would love to come and have dinner with you...I know I would :) Have a great evening, warmest, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the invite...I would love to dine from these beautiful dishes.

    God bless and may you have a great week,
    d from HomeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda this setting is beautiful! I would love to stay for supper. What on the menu...??? What ever it is, I know I will clean my plate.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tablescape!! I just love red and white china!!

    Gorgeous!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wanda,
    please add my name on the place card. I love transferware and would give anything to be able to join you for dinner and eat from those marvelous red transfware plates.Although I've been tring to buy a red transferware dinnerware set i neveer succedeed as it's so rare to find in Italy, at least at fleas. I got some plates which are hanging on the wall and a couple of soup cup sets and tea cups...one day maybe I'll be able to make my dream come true!
    have a great weekend
    rita
    p.s. love your silverplate cutlery

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous table setting! I've never seen the little dog knife rest before. That is so neat! Thank you for sharing your dinner with us.

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure how I found my way here, however you seem to love all of the same things as I do. I read back and I must say you have a beautiful home and I can not imagine giving it up to a condo....I live in north Florida and would love to trade my 1945 "cottage style" in on a 1900's Victorian, but that is just a dream. I enjoyed t he story about the bear. Since I enjoy teacups so much I should join the "teacup Tuesday" thing.

    ReplyDelete